Over the years we've found that most people ask for more storage space than they really need. That's why it makes sense to speak with one of our Storage Planners. In most cases we can save you money by helping you make the most out of every square foot of space.
Need a hand? Not everyone has someone to help them store their bigger, bulkier items. That's why we not only offer a free
truck rental fee with move in*
, but we can make arrangements for a storage assistant to help you*
. We're not a moving company, but our storage assistants can offer the kind of help people can really use when they need an extra hand. And, best of all, depending on the length of your storage contract, the use of one of our storage assistants could be free*!
• Use high quality packing boxes designed especially for the job. You can buy boxes and packing supplies at Easy Self-Storage and ask about our 100% refund policy.*
• Pack books and heavy objects in smaller boxes for easier lifting (no more than 30 lbs.).
• When storing clothes, use wardrobe boxes so you can hang your garments.
• Use same size boxes for easier stacking.
• Fill boxes completely. Use non-inked packing paper instead of newspaper, Styrofoam "peanuts"
or wrapping bubbles
to prevent boxes from collapsing.
• Seal boxes completely
with packing tape to keep out dust.
• Keep refrigerator and freezer doors slightly ajar and clean before storing.
• Store items you'll need most often at the front of your unit.
• Utilize shelving to maximize space (wherever possible).
• Leave a center aisle
for easy access to all items.
• Disassemble beds, tables and shelves and store on their sides. Wrap and mark all
pieces for easier re-assembly.
• Label boxes
on several sides for easy locating.
• Wrap mirrors and pictures with paper pads or mirror boxes
. Store on edge. Never store these items flat.
• Protect mattresses
and furniture with our pads and covers.
• Store couches (except sofa beds) on end to maximize space.
• Store light chairs inverted seat-to-seat.
• Metal objects, like tools and bikes, should be wiped with a rag containing machine oil or a metal preservative to prevent rust. Do the same for wooden items, use a wood preservative.
• Stack boxes on dressers and use drawers to store delicate items.
• Do not store illegal substances
(drugs, toxic material, or industrial waste.
• Do not store flammable materials
without using State or Federally approved containers.
• If you are unable to pay your rent for any reason, contact the office.
We auction off the content of delinquent units and may be able to help you avoid un-pleasantry.
REMEMBER ALL OF YOUR PACKAGING NEEDS AND SUPPLIES ARE AVAILABLE AT EASY SELF-STORAGE'S SUPERSTORE FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE.
ALWAYS USE A HIGH QUALITY DISC LOCK. NOT ALL LOCKS ARE CREATED EQUAL.
*See a manager for details.